Vice President of Finance – Controller – Woburn, MA
Replimune, Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on oncolytic virus drug development for the treatment of cancer. We are continuing to expand our growing organization and are in the process of adding a VP of Finance-Controller to our team. The VP Finance-Controller is a well-rounded, experienced operational finance professional and will be responsible for the oversight of the internal operations of the finance department in our growing public company. Reporting to the CFO, this newly created position will lead a team to provide oversight for the external reporting, procurement, and other accounting functions, supported by an accounting team of 5 people.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close in accordance with US GAAP.
- Interact with external auditors and the Audit Committee
- Process improvement across the finance function
- Ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements, SOX, tax and payroll obligations
- Cash management/treasury
- Work with VP of FP&A to execute a financial planning process to provide performance reporting; including review of actual versus plan to understand key business drivers and support managerial decision making.
- Provide sound financial guidance to company personnel on purchasing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Advise on accounting impact of financing activities such as equity fundraising, collaboration negotiation, and debt financing.
- Manage the full cycle of stock plan administration
- Administer the hosted ERP systems and related systems to achieve continual improvements in process and efficiency.
- Build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of Finance and Accounting.
- Other responsibilities or activities as necessary
- 15 years of Accounting/Finance experience, preferably with significant experience in the Life Sciences industry in a public company setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- Audit experience at a Big 4 or other nationally recognized accounting firm required
- Expertise in accounting in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Experience in supervising teams.
- Must work well in a small team environment and be able to “roll up your sleeves” to ensure all department goals are achieved.
- Passionate about process improvement, demonstrated ‘continuous improvement’ mindset.
- Naturally collaborative and enjoys building relationships with stakeholders outside the Finance and Accounting function.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment and have demonstrated ability to align the finance function with the growth of a company or organization.
Replimune is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Replimune is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry origin, disability or veteran status. Replimune also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Replimune, Inc. does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Replimune Talent Acquisition.
Please do not forward resumes to our careers site, employees or any other company location of Replimune. Replimune will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.