Senior Assay Development Technician – Milton Park, Abingdon, UK
Summary of job description:
The Senior Assay Development Technician is responsible for taking a lead role in supporting the day-to-day operation of the Analytical Development laboratories. The Senior Assay Development Technician will also perform routine testing and provide support for method development projects.
- Oversee and perform internal periodic maintenance, calibration and verification of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare laboratory chemical reagents and biological assay standards and controls for use in routine testing and development projects.
- Perform routine PCR, ELISA and cell-based scientific tests to support PD testing.
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping tasks, including maintaining stock levels of laboratory consumables.
- Operate in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and company procedures.
- Author, update and adhere to equipment and method SOP’s as required.
- Provide assistance for method development projects.
- Perform review of assay sheets, lab books and GMP documentation.
- Provide support to the facilities group when required.
- Training team members in equipment usage and maintenance.
- Biological Sciences university degree, or A-level in Biology (or equivalent) and experience working within a relevant laboratory.
Experience and skill requirement:
- A self-motivated individual, with good time management and able to work in an organised manner.
- An interest in biological science and/or experience of working in a GMP laboratory environment.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a small team, with good time management and effective communication and an ability to work flexibly to meet varying workloads.
- Experience in any of cell culture, ELISA, PCR, chromatography would be beneficial.
- Good IT skills in core applications e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Replimune is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry origin, disability or veteran status. Replimune also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Replimune, Inc. does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Replimune Talent Acquisition.
Please do not forward resumes to our careers site, employees or any other company location of Replimune. Replimune will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.