Reports to: Director, Finance
Summary of Job Description:
The procurement manager role will play a key part in supporting and leading the company’s Indirect and Capital sourcing for Replimune. In this newly created role, the ideal candidate will be leveraging proven experience in, negotiation (change management as well as 3rd party contractual agreements), process development, system implementation, P2P process and procedures, along with development and management of the supplier base. They will also be involved in, development and implementation strategies that minimize total cost of ownership (TCO) of Replimunes’ estimated $30M+ spend. In conjunction with developing initial procurement infrastructure; they will perform all current procurement related activities within the current transitional processes (i.e. manual based and semi-automated).
- Utilizing the Great Plains procurement module, generate purchase orders in support of business requests.
- Review new vendors and set-up vendor files in Great Plains.
- Ensure proper approvals are secured before issuing purchase orders.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure proper accounts and department numbers are assigned to all purchases.
- Track receipts of procured materials and services to ensure accurate alignment with purchase orders. Resolve any conflicts. Note; This will transition to automated process as part of the P2P process evolution in Great Plains
- Assist others in the business who may also have access to generate purchase orders (i.e. Clinical Supply or Production buyer/planner). Ensure alignment of associated procedures and processes.
- In concert with Finance, develop and maintain initial P2P process. Also, partner with Finance in the development and implementation of the automated P2P process.
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives for Replimune for all Indirect goods & services and Capital categories. This shall include Facilities, Manufacturing Operations, Clinical Operations, all professional services, office supplies, outside labs & manufacturing and clinical service providers.
- Follow market trends for various categories of spend. Use this knowledge to support internal customers.
- Lead cross functional teams through strategic sourcing activities for all assigned categories, including RFx development and execution, Statement of Works, contract drafting, pricing and appropriate contract negotiations.
- Support the Negotiation of contracts with an emphasis on financial terms & conditions, risk management etc.
- Identify sources of supply and develop strategic relationships with suppliers and establish the Supplier Relationship Management program with key suppliers supporting North America manufacturing.
- Support all constituents with management of vendor relationships and issue resolution of moderate to highly complex performance issues.
- Assist internal clients to develop and enforce compliance to supplier Service Level Agreements – manage and measure supplier performance.
- Drive transformation change in support of the strategic and operational objectives.
- Lead the development and execution of the strategic vision for global sourcing.
- Support as appropriate, an analysis of current and potential budget issues relating to spend categories and/or specific projects and develop mitigation strategies.
- Identify, develop and manage strategic multi-functional business relationships and gain a comprehensive understanding of Replimune’s business requirements.
- In collaboration with functional process owners and management, define and implement global sourcing strategies that consolidate and optimize both the vendor base and services.
- In collaboration with finance, develop and enhance P2P capabilities.
- Work with Finance team as well as business unit subject matter specialists to gather and assess budget forecasts, further supporting sourcing plans and strategies for applicable business functions, etc.
- Support Replimune’s global manufacturing operations for Direct materials spend as requested.
- Work in collaboration with Clinical Supply chain to support their business objectives and align procurement and sourcing activities with corporate procurement policies.
- Drive transformation change in support of the strategic and operational objectives of the company.
- In collaboration with Finance and operations process owners, enhance processes and procedures. (i.e. P2P, paper-based requisitioning, etc.)
- Educate end-users on Sourcing policies, procedures and processes through daily interactions and other defined training programs.
- Develop and implement solutions to performance & service issues as they arise and contribute to optimal communication of related metrics.
- Develop and manage vendor performance using key performance indicators, scorecard development, business reviews and effective contract change/dispute management process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent MBA preferred.
Experience and Skill Requirement:
- Life Science education or commensurate experience supporting relevant areas with sourcing activity.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and project management skills.
- 10+ years of Procurement / Sourcing experience, preferably on a regional or global scale in negotiating agreements in the field of Direct Materials, CMO, professional services and Capital. Start-up experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience identifying opportunities, developing strategies, and executing on sourcing and negotiation of complex contracts for managed and outsourced services.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Previous Multi-national Bio pharma experience is desirable.
- Experience in diverse purchasing areas preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead the implementation of Strategic Sourcing projects.
- Category area experience in Indirect spend areas noted above, with strong focus and demonstrated success in sourcing Direct & Capital and pharma industry specific categories.
- English speaking is mandatory.
- Service orientation, rigor, reliability, good professional maturity.
- Adaptability to a multicultural environment, valuing diversity within a virtual global team.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Replimune is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry origin, disability or veteran status. Replimune also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Replimune, Inc. does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Replimune Talent Acquisition.
Please do not forward resumes to our careers site, employees or any other company location of Replimune. Replimune will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.