Process Development Scientist – Milton Park, Abingdon, UK
Summary of job description:
- Be part of a small dedicated team that is developing the manufacturing process and formulation of Oncolytic viruses for the treatment of cancer.
- Establish manufacturing methods and techniques for the generation and purification of live attenuated viruses.
- The scientist will be required to use their knowledge of biological processing theory, techniques and equipment to prepare and execute experimental protocols and to develop manufacturing processes
- Perform routine batch manufacture of scale down batches according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist with setting up, qualifying & maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment
Essential work experience
- Significant (>1 year) experience in the use of bioreactors with adherent mammalian cells to produce biological products.
Desirable work experience
- Purification of biological products using TFF and chromatography. Experience with AKTA.
- Develop & optimise the scale-down production of oncolytic viruses in a bioreactor using adherent mammalian cells.
- Transfer scale-down bioreactor methodology to large scale bioreactor for GMP manufacture.
- Perform established procedures such as cell culture, normal flow filtration, tangential flow filtration, packed bed chromatography, membrane chromatography and centrifugation.
- Perform formulation development to ensure final products are stable and simple to use.
- Produce viruses and data to support QC, development and process characterization as well as to provide purified material for investigational studies.
- Execute good documentation practices.
- Plan daily workload (e.g. the operation of equipment, cell culture, data analysis and report writing) based on experimental plans and time scales established with their supervisor.
- Provide resolution of technical issues based on experience. The scientist will be expected to show creativity in resolving process issues.
- Communicate verbally and in writing within the process development group and where appropriate with additional departments within the company.
- Collaborate with external contacts to enable work to be progressed.
- Record and report data in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with procedures. This will also include drafting and reviewing process characterization protocols and technical reports.
- Present scientific data at internal project and PD meetings.
- Degree holder or several years’ relevant experience
- Prior experience in Biological assays and ELISAs is preferred.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Replimune is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry origin, disability or veteran status. Replimune also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Replimune, Inc. does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Replimune Talent Acquisition.
Please do not forward resumes to our careers site, employees or any other company location of Replimune. Replimune will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.