Replimune’s mission is to discover and deliver a new generation of cancer treatments called oncolytic immunotherapies. Oncolytic viruses combine multiple mechanisms of action, enhancing the ability of viruses to replicate in and kill cancer cells, and generating a robust patient-specific, systemic anti-tumor immune response. Oncolytic immunotherapy is expected to strengthen the effectiveness of immune checkpoint blockade and become the second cornerstone of immune-oncology approaches, moving beyond the incremental improvement in cancer treatment to help more patients overcome their disease.
We are continuing to grow our organization in both our Woburn, MA headquarters and our new, state of the art manufacturing facility in Framingham, MA.
Summary of job description
Replimune is looking for a Director of Finance – Technical Accounting and External Reporting for our growing accounting team. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance/Controller, this role is responsible for researching and documenting accounting positions in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), managing the preparation and filing of SEC financial statement, and assisting the finance team on improving accounting operations. This position provides the individual the opportunity to shape financial reporting policies and procedures as the finance function continues to develop.
- Lead the external financial reporting process: ensuring that the annual report (10-K), quarterly reports (10-Q’s), and proxy statement are prepared in compliance with company policies and directives, U.S. GAAP, and applicable SEC reporting requirements, including XBRL
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly financial statements including the balance sheet and statements of operations, shareholders’ equity and cash flow, and accompanying notes in accordance with US GAAP, including commentary for the MD&A analysis
- Coordinate distribution and comment resolution of 10K and 10Qs to the Executive Team, external counsel and the auditors
- Continuously review and monitoring of new accounting pronouncements and competitor’s filings to ensure our disclosures are in line with accounting standards and our peer group
- Analyze and document non-recurring transactions by properly identifying accounting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgement in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions
- Provide oversite and assistance to the Accounting Manager on the quarterly and annual external audit processes
- Establish and manage SEC quarterly close timelines and deliverables
- Review of statutory audits and financial reconciliations between local and US GAAP for locations outside of the United States.
- Manage special projects as requested, especially those related to design and implementation of new accounting practices, processes and policies.
- Assist with the overall development, implementation, and management of internal controls and preparation of SOX 404 compliance, including recommendations for business process improvements
- Oversight of equity administration and all equity related transactions including collaboration with external stock plan administrator to record and reconcile equity activity
- Assist with the assessment of the company ERP evaluation and implementation of any system changes.
- Assist with the management and develop a growing accounting team currently consisting of the Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable Specialist, and a third-party service provider assisting with our statutory accounting in the UK.
No current direct reports or supervisory responsibilities
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 10+ years of financial accounting experience
- Audit experience at a national auditing firm, including a CPA license
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP required and SEC Regulation S-X and S-K
- Robust internal controls understanding and documentation of relevant financial processes and transactions
- Experience in reporting software; Workiva experience preferred
- Experience implementing accounting software solutions; ERP systems, financial reporting tools, and share-based compensation tools
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills
- Assertive and results oriented.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, And Skills
- Biotech/medical device and public company experience a plus, but not required. Commercial and manufacturing experience a considerable plus;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and collaboratively with strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented, ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon time frames through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to question norms and respectfully challenge others
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Replimune is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry origin, disability or veteran status. Replimune also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Replimune, Inc. does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Replimune Talent Acquisition.
Please do not forward resumes to our careers site, employees or any other company location of Replimune. Replimune will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.